Every week, I’ll compile some resources related to our topic. These might be blog posts, articles or YouTube videos. They are meant to be quick reads to provide context for what we’re going to learn, but I’ll also provide book recommendations for deep diving into a topic.
This class will take a hands-on approach, so think of a project you can work on throughout the course. This can be something you’re trying to design at work, an iPhone app, or a website you really wish didn’t suck – whatever problem needs solving.
What’s user experience and why does it matter?
- What is UX Design? Smashing Magazine
- You are Not Your User 52 Weeks of UX
- The $300 Million Button IUE
What does user experience look like in the real world?
- UX Process UX Mastery
- Case Study: Boxee Redesign Whitney Hess
- Lean UX: Applying Lean Principles to Improve User Experience Jeff Gothelf (book)
- Project Guide to UX by Unger & Chandler (book)
- Interviewing Users presentation from Steve Pordigal
- Interviewing Users: How to Uncover Compelling Insights Steve Pordigal (book)
Edit: Lecture slides are now available.